Breakout Pro! – Playmaker
*Must Own Playmaker
(Playmaker is a 3rd party addon sold by Hutong Games)
Now Supports Unity 2018!
The most advanced breakout experience on the Asset Store has arrived!
Finely tuned controls, a multitude of powerups and brick types, simple level creation tools and excellent performance make this one of our most awesome game templates yet!
1 – Mobile & Desktop ready!
2 – Highly polished controls
3 – Intuitive paddle bounce angles
4 – Easily tweakable gameplay
5 – Unique powerups
– Sticky Paddle
– Grow Paddle
– Shrink Paddle
– Revive Ball
– Split Balls
– Speed Up
– Slow Down
– Extra Life
6 – Smart endgame powerup spawner (Trouble hitting those last few bricks? We have you covered!)
7 – Variety of brick types
– Unbreakable (Except by lasers and fireballs!)
– Powerup specific
– Side to side moving (Smooth, smooth tick and step tick variations)
– Many different point values and colors
– Custom brick shapes
– Easily create your own brick types
8 – Includes tools to simplify level creation
– Brick snapping
– Brick replacing
9 – Ball pooling system
10 – Easy percentage based drop rate calculator
11 – Supports both perspective and orthographic cameras
12 – 26 Sound effects included
13 – 10 Powerup sprites included
14 – Detailed documentation
15 – High performance on mobile
– 60fps on iPad 2 and Moto G without lighting and shadows
– 60fps on iPad mini Retina with full lighting and shadows!
Sample Android APK
*Remember to toggle shadows off on older devices via the button in the top left of the demo.
*It is the customer's sole responsibility to own Playmaker, no refunds will be issued for failure to own the third party asset.
– Fixed unbreakable bricks issue.
– Fixed Android collision issue.
– Updated to Unity 2018.
– Updated to Playmaker 1.9.0 Patch 2.
– Various bug fixes.
– Added support for Unity 2017.
– Updated Dreamlo integration.
– Added level selection menu.
– Added pause and resume functionality.
– Added per level leaderboards.
– Added Home, Retry and Next Level buttons to “game over” and “level completion” screens.
– Updated documentation.
– Major performance boost in WebGL!
– Vastly Improved lighting and shadow performance on older devices!
– Fixed bug: Names no longer get changed to null when cancelling a name change.
– Fixed bug: Fireballs are again self illuminated and have shadows.
– Fixed bug: Fireball particle sorting order corrected.
– Integrated Dreamlo cross platform leaderboard!
– Fixed bug: Ball and fireball glow no longer flickers.
– Fixed bug: Fireball mesh no longer protrudes through cages.
– Fixed bug: Fireball trail renderer no longer z-fights with fireball particles.
– Fixed bug: Fireballs now trigger sticky paddle sound effects.
– Performance increase: Balls and fireballs are now fully pooled, no longer using instantiation!
– Major bug fix: Ball fsm no longer gets stuck causing abnormal ball behavior.
– Tweak: Player now has slightly more leeway when trying to rescue a ball from below the paddle’s Y position.
– Added Oval bricks, giant bricks and custom shapes example.
– Added laser cancel sound effect.
– Added delay to bomb brick.
– Updated caged fireball logic to use the ball pool when spawning additional ball.
– Fixed bug:Laser powerups now stack properly.
– Fixed bug:Fireball powerup from specific bricks now spawns properly.
– Fixed bug: with split powerup that caused new balls to spawn with a perfectly horizontal trajectory.
– Fixed bug: Split now ensures that both new balls have unique trajectories.
– Fixed bug: Balls and fireballs are no longer able to move when parented to the sticky paddle.
– WebGL bug Fix: Balls and fireballs no longer offset when stuck to sticky paddle.
– WebGL bug Fix: Paddle and Wall bounce sounds now play properly.
– Various other minor tweaks and bug fixes.
– Completely overhauled the paddle bounce angle implementation.
– Added shrink paddle powerup.
– Added revive ball powerup.
– Added smart endgame powerup spawner. (Trouble getting those last few bricks? We have you covered!)
– Added cage bricks (Perfect for keeping some balls trapped for later)
– Added bomb bricks
– Added powerup specific bricks
– Added side to side moving (Smooth, smooth tick and step tick variations)
– Added percentage drop rate calculator.
– Added 3 additional sound effects.
– Added 2 additional powerup sprites.
– Improved brick snapping tool.
– Improved lighting performance.
– First release